The development of the capacity to use information technologies (ICTs) is explicitly referred to as one of the fundamental objectives of the curriculum framework Transverse. This requires that the domain and use of these technologies in an integrated manner to promote work within the areas of learning. To this should ensure that the work of students, including the use of ICT to:
- Search, access and collect information on websites or other sources, and selecting this information critically examining their relevance and quality.
- Process and organize data using spreadsheet templates, and manipulating systematized in them to identify trends, regularities and patterns related to the phenomena studied in the sector.
- Develop and present information through the use of word processing, presentation templates (PowerPoint), as well as tools and applications of image, audio and video.
- Exchange information through the Internet offering tools such as email, chat, interactive spaces on websites, or virtual communities.
- Respect and take ethical considerations in the use of ICT, such as personal care and respect for others to use these tools, noted the sources from which information is obtained, and respect the rules of safety and use of space virtual.
Using the technology may involve more use for various purposes, without a clear purpose of supporting a learning content. By contrast, the curricular integration of information technology involves the use of these technologies to achieve a purpose in learning a concept, process, content, specific curriculum in a discipline.
This is to assess the educational possibilities of ICT in relation to educational aims and objectives. By integrating ICT curriculum we emphasize learning and how ICT can support that, without losing sight of the center is to learn and not ICT.
Curricular integration of ICT involves:
- Use technology transparently.
- Use technology to plan strategies to facilitate the construction of learning.
- Use technology in the classroom.
- Using technology to support the classes.
- Use technology as part of the curriculum.
- Using technology to learn content of a discipline.
That is why I decided to use this support manual handling of ICT, to enter into the digital era facilitator of knowledge in which we live.