Archive for the ‘SMS Marketing’ Category
SMS marketing is an effective marketing tool for those seeking to advertise their products or services. When compared with most other strategies, this is considered a more accurate and reliable means of marketing. It’s also the cheapest way of promoting an advertisement, as SMSs don’t cost much compared to newspapers, magazines or media. Through SMS marketing, one is able to send messages to potential customers who are likely to carry out a purchase.
Unlike emailing, text messaging guarantees retrieval of the message. There are limited barriers to deal with considering there is no spam folder for the message to be delivered in. This ensures the message is read by the recipient before they make a decision on what to do. Furthermore, this promotes secrecy in the business, which is quite advantageous. Moreover, there are many mobile phones that are actively used across the world by millions of people. Because of this, the number of people who are exposed to the advertised
product is widespread.
SMS strategies that will put you ahead of your competitors
If you are using SMS marketing as a way of carrying out your campaign, there are some things that you need to consider for you to surpass your opponents. They include:
1. Structuring your content – Since there are many things to note when creating your SMS, bear in mind that you have limited space. Therefore, be specific to your main agenda. Consider these aspects when using this strategy:
• Due to the fact that you have limited space, include all important details at the beginning of the message.
• Use abbreviations where necessary but remember not to over use them. Also too many abbreviations may render your message hard to read and understand hence use those that are easy to recognize.
• Don’t be informal but, keep your message as professional as possible since you are marketing to a massive demographic. Ensure that you avoid any grammatical errors.
• Ensure that you clearly provide your company name and contact details through which your clients can reach you. Also make sure that you have professional air in your message.
2. Short Codes – It’s highly beneficial that you use short codes. It ensures that your marketing is effective and direct. If your intention is to carry out a campaign that is delivered in bits within a certain time-frame, then get one keyword for each section. Even though the exclusive codes might be quite expensive, one can use short codes.
3. Time your SMS Marketing – When sending your SMS, timing is important. If you are promoting a new product into the market, ensure that you send it on time so that customers are aware of it before the launch date.
4. Appealing Offers – If you are giving out some offers, be precise and detailed on the offer. Make your offer as attractive as possible to attract clientele interest.
SMS Marketing will help you retain the loyal customers and draw the attention of new ones. If your messages are directed to target customers, you are sure to see the sales go up and as a result, realize some good profits. This is a cheap and effective mode of advertising.